Wednesday, June 11, 2008

A social life....

Wow, it has now been a month since I left Bryn Mawr PA and Anna for the drive back to PDX. I'll say it right now- I miss her bunches. She's my best friend and my conversation partner. I'm glad we have all those rollover minutes because when she gets me on the phone, we don't stop talking. At the end of the conversation, my ear is all sweaty..ewwe.
Back in Portland, it seems to be an endless social activity train. Seriously. The day after I returned I went to a show and then the next evening was beers with a friend and then it was movie night and then another show and then beers with a friend and then a night out to a book reading and then...... you get the picture. I don't know if this is just the cyclical activity of live - everything happening at once - or if I am now just trying to find activities to keep me from being lonely. Heck, I loved sitting in the evening watching TV and I still haven't watched the last two episodes of LOST. Wow!
I have been walking. Not as much as I would like and my belly keeps telling me so. I'm no where near as out of shape as I think I am, but I know I could do better. Pete, my across America driving buddy, said he would take me rock climbing, but I had to prove I could handle it. Chris, a longtime friend is always looking for a running buddy. I want to do both those things. I just have to put my mind to it I guess. I have the time! :) See, that's what's weird. For the past 12 years, I had a schedule to keep. It was more subconcious than anything and it wasn't rigid, but it was a schedule. Now I realize I don't have that schedule anymore and it freaks me out. It's been a month of fun, now I should buckle down and accomplish something with all that free time. Heck, maybe I'll work on those 6pack abs I've been thinking about.....uh not.
So, check back often. I plan on writing more and more here. Oh, and go for a walk.

1 comment:

CamiKaos said...

I tend to bury myself in commitments and things to do when I am off kilter as well...