Wednesday, January 26, 2005

nopo sunset


nopo sunset
Originally uploaded by Brett Burmeister.
Walked home toda via NW, the Pearl, broadway bridge, N. Flint ave, vancouver, fremont, mississippi, skidmore and home. Nice walk. I had to do some shopping for bread, romaine and wine for dinner and then started walking throug the pearl. It began sprinkling, but I held out.
Many are against the Pearl, calling it gentrification, banal, yuppified etc. I love it. I love the warehouses converted to appartments, i love the modernity, I love the feeling of the city. There aren't any grocery stores, but plenty of boutiques and restaurants. Oh well. Like I said, I love it. I was a kid growing up in the country always wanting to be in the city, now I have that chance.
The walk took me through n. pdx up to fremont and then over to mississippi. i got offered "want to stay warm" just off mississippi and i declined. the fun of my hood.

More pictures from my walk:

No comments: