Sunday, December 11, 2005

i want to start a meme

so, i was thinking last night. i want to start a meme and see if it can spread accross the internet. so, here it goes:

Top 5 live music concerts you went to during the 4 years you were in High School.

mine:
1. Depeche Mode and OMD at Civic Auditorium supporting Music For the Masses album. I stayed up all night to get tickets at Greshem GI Joes and ended up with last row tickets. On the way home, crushed, I realized they had to do a second show and by the time I had returned, the second show had just gone on sale and I was able to get 2nd row tickets.
2. Sting at the Memorial Coliseum for the ..Nothing like the sun. Amazing show! I ended up seeing Sting 4 times in the next 2 years.
3. Mayor's Ball, April 1988 - saw The Dan Reed Network and the Crazy Eights.
4. David Bowie and Duran Duran - The Glass Spider Tour, August 1987 at Civic Stadium. wow, what an amazing show. it wasn't a concert, but a spectacle. we were in the 9th row too.
5. Amy Grant, Michael W. Smith - numerous times during my high school years and numerous venues, including the Memorial Coliseum.

so, i'm sending this out to my homeys: superinkygrrl, lelo, rigo, tinymeat, matt and nedra.

spread it around too, i'm interested to see the first blogger to post they went to the beattles or elvis in high school.

enjoy.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey thanks, guess I'm not a homie.

Anonymous said...

I saw 3 Dog Night in high school and then again after they got old in Vegas (for free!). They did not age well :)
Also saw REO Speedwagon, Bachman Turner Overdrive,and Styxx.

I'm boring, I know.

~K!

LeLo said...

I played!

jikido said...

I was at the Glass Spider Tour but not in the 8th row (lucky folks). I remember the show had to end earlier than most because of the noise rules in place. We got there half way through Duran Duran. Bowie always did a great show. I've seen Bowie twice in my life. My first concert ever was Jethro Tull in 1975 Hampton Roads Coliseum Virginia.

My first concert in Portland: Ian Hunter (former Mott the Hoople Leader) and Nick Gilder ["Hot Child in the City" one hit wonder) at the Schnitz 1980 or so...], then it was DEVO at the Schnitz (1981)? I saw Culture Club in Portland the day that "Do You Really Want to Hurt Me?" hit number one on billboard.

Good memories.

Zoe said...

I'm not a homie either... but I did post your meme here.

Maybe I'm a homie by proxy?